Infra-Track, Inc. provides seamless rehabilitation for degraded or corroded manholes, as an efficient and cost-effective alternative to replacement, using the highest quality products exclusively from Parson Environmental Products, Inc.
Infra-Track assesses the manhole to be rehabilitated to identify the existing and potential defects or problems and defines the specific strategies required to successfully rehabilitate each manhole. InfraTrack then uses the latest technology so as to eliminate infiltration and exfiltration, restore structural integrity, and protect the structure from future deterioration.
All product and materials used by Infra-Track are elements of a comprehensive system designed and manufactured exclusively by Parson Environmental to ensure the highest quality of work and guarantee material compatibility. InfraTrack operators/technicians receive training and certification directly from Parson Environmental in the use and application of their products. The materials used are specifically designed, manufactured, and intended for manhole and sewer structure rehabilitation and all material is stored and handled in compliance with recommendation of the manufacturer and the American Concrete Institute.
CORRODED/DETERIORATED MANHOLES PRIOR TO REHABILITATION
THE REHABILITATION PROCESS
- Surface Preparation: Water blasting (minimum 3500 psi) of the interior of the manhole if performed in order to accomplish the removal of loose mortar, paints, protective coatings, efflorescence, all contaminants, laitance and curing components; thus, leaving a clean and structurally sound substrate. Wire brushing or sand blasting may also be applied if required.
- Hydrostatic Leak Correction: Leaks may be sealed using Parson Quick Plug or an appropriate grouting, depending upon the type and severity of the leaks.
- Hydraulic Cement Patching: Used to patch areas too large to seal by grouting (exp. exposed substrate, degraded mortar, chunks missing around step frames/pipes, cracked or corroded bricks/concrete).
- Rehabilitation in Low to Moderate Corrosive Environment: If evidence of low-to-moderate corrosion is identified and/or structural enhancement is necessary, Parson MH Liner Portland Cement is applied by low to medium velocity spin-casting equipment or by hand. An application thickness of up to 3″ can be achieved in a single lift to return the interior surface to its original dimensions. It can then be smoothed by trowel, float, and/or brush depending on desired finish.
- Rehabilitation in Moderate to High Corrosive Environment: If evidence of moderate-to-high corrosion or degradation is identified due to sewer gas attack (typically as a result of increased levels of hydrogen sulfide or H2S), Parson CA Liner 100, a 100% Calcium Aluminate Cement with select aggregates, is applied. An application thickness of up to 2″ can be achieved in a single lift to return the interior surface to its original dimensions. It can then be smoothed by trowel, float and/or brush depending on desired finish.
- Expoxy Corrosion Barrier: After completion of the appropriate mortar to ensure a uniform, structural restoration, the rehabilitated interior surface is coated with Parsonpoxy SEL-80 (epoxy corrosion barrier) at a thickness up to 80 mils. Additional coats may be applied when required by specifications to achieve desired thickness.
REHABILITATED MANHOLES WITH: INFILTRATION/EXFILTRATION ELIMINATED, STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY RESTORED, AND PROTECTION AGAINST FUTURE CORROSION/DETERIORATION
ADDITIONAL MANHOLE REHAB SERVICES:
- Internal or External Frame, Cone, and Joint Inflow/Infiltration Correction.
- Invert/Channel Repair
- Manhole Cover Inflow Correction and Odor Control ( via manhole insert)
- Manhole Cover Cushioning
- Volumetric Wiers (flow measurement)
- Paving Risers
- Manhole Step Installation